As New Jersey continues under a state of emergency due to the coronavirus, please know that our district office remains available to serve constituents by phone and email. Included below are links to information that you may find helpful, along with important state and national news updates related to COVID-19.
Important State & Federal News:
- Daily Briefing: Gov. Murphy will deliver a coronavirus briefing at 1 p.m. in Trenton. Click here to watch the livestream.
- No New Reopenings this Week: For the first time since May, nothing new is reopening in New Jersey this week. Gov. Murphy has frozen reopening plans indefinitely, which will leave gyms closed along with indoor dining at restaurants. Indoor dining had been set to resume on July 2nd at 25% capacity before the decision was reversed.
- $10 Billion Borrowing Plan & Tax Increases: Gov. Murphy and Democratic leaders in the Legislature announced an agreement last week to fast-track the largest borrowing scheme in New Jersey history to fund State spending over the next 12 months. Debt and interest payments could cost New Jersey taxpayers $40 billion over the next 35 years. They have no plans to put the plan on the ballot for voter approval as the New Jersey Constitution requires, ensuring a legal challenge. The governor has also suggested that tax increases will likely be part of his upcoming budget proposal that is due in several weeks. Various proposals to achieve significant savings have not been acted upon by the administration.
- NJ Tax Filing Deadline Is Wednesday: The deadline for filing New Jersey income taxes is this Wednesday, July 15th. The filing deadline had been extended from April 15th due to COVID-19. More information is available on the NJ Division of Taxation website.
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard. The dashboard has been updated to provide more information on long-term care facilities, State psychiatric hospitals, and overall demographics on COVID-19 deaths.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Testing Sites: To locate a testing location, specifics on how to get a test, and the hours of operation, click here.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.
Questions or need assistance? Call or email my legislative office.