The 8th Legislative District office is again partnering with Operation Yellow Ribbon of South Jersey (OYRSJ) in a Holiday Cookie Drive for our troops.
This year, as you finalize plans for the busy holiday season, please take a moment to remember our military men and women who will not have the chance to be home for the holidays.
Operation Yellow Ribbon of South Jersey and the 8th District Office will collect cookies and treats to send to troops serving overseas on Saturday, December 6. (D Sharon Pruitt/Flickr)
If your plans include some quality time baking goodies for loved ones and friends, we hope you will consider making an extra tray of cookies to share with our heroes serving abroad.
Cookies will be collected on ONE DAY ONLY, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, December 6, at our 8th District Office at 176 Route 70 East, Suite 13, Medford, NJ — behind the Dunkin Donuts at Jones Road.
Last year, through your generosity, Operation Yellow Ribbon collected 33,000 pounds of supplies and 3,000 pounds of cookies to send to our brave men and women deployed overseas. Please help them collect even more this year!
- Besides baked goods; store bought cookies and treats will also be accepted and shipped.
- Packaging: if possible, please put your cookies in layers in large Ziploc bags or in Glad disposable containers. (Cookie tins will be accepted but they are not our first preference as they weigh more and are costly to ship). Containers of any type will not be returned as they will be used to ship to recipients.
- Personal, unsealed notes in with your donations are encouraged. Feel free to write about your cookie baking or a note of encouragement, etc.
- Adults; feel free to include your personal e-mail address should you like a response from our recipients. We cannot promise recipients will correspond as some do not have e-mail access, but we do have some that will write back.
- Children are encouraged to create or write their own holiday cards or notes to show support to our troops. No last names, addresses, or phone numbers please of children.
- If you have baked goods that you want to contribute but cannot make it on Saturday December 6 to donate, you can drop them off to Family & Co. Jewelers on Rt 70 in Plaza 70 in Marlton on Thursday, December 4th and Friday, December 5th. For more on these two drop off dates, please contact Angelo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goodies will be shipped on Monday, December 8. For more info, please contact Dave Silver at OperationYellowRibbonSJ@gmail.com.
You can also help by sharing and forward this to others. Thank you so much for your support!