New Jersey's 24th Legislative District

Senator Steven Oroho

District 24

State Funds Will Pave Way for Road Improvements in LD24

Please Share:

Bookmark and Share

Grants Will Help Towns From Having To Raise Property Taxes To Fund Local Road Projects

Senator Steve Oroho, Assemblyman Parker Space and Assemblyman Hal Wirths (all R-Sussex, Warren, Morris) welcomed word of more than $5 million from the state’s Transportation Trust Fund to help pay for 34 road construction projects in Legislative District 24.

Sen. Steve Oroho, Asm. Parker Space and Asm. Hal Wirths welcomed word of more than $5 million from the state’s Transportation Trust Fund to help pay for 34 road construction projects in Legislative District 24. (SenateNJ.com)

The Fiscal Year 2022 Municipal Aid grants announced today include $5,211,064 for projects to resurface and improve roadways, improve safety and traffic flow, and upgrade intersections within the Sussex, Warren and Morris towns located in Legislative District 24.

The Fiscal Year 2022 Municipal Aid grants announced today include $5,211,064 for projects to resurface and improve roadways, improve safety and traffic flow, and upgrade intersections within the Sussex, Warren and Morris towns located in Legislative District 24.

“Residents and businesses benefit from a safe, well-maintained transportation infrastructure, but these grants are appreciated as well for the relief they provide for local taxpayers,” Senator Oroho said. “Every State dollar provided for local road projects helps lighten the municipal property tax burden. Each application was competitively evaluated and funding was awarded on the project’s merit so clearly these road improvements will benefit the quality of life in local communities.”

The Municipal Aid Grant program attracted 625 applications seeking more than $360 million. This year, $161.25 million has been awarded.

“This is an investment in our infrastructure that is crucial to families in our district,” said Assemblyman Space. “The upgrades will be appreciated by drivers commuting to work, parents walking their children to school, and those who deliver goods to homes and businesses. It is good to see State money flowing back into the towns in our district.”

The grants support road, bridge, and safety improvements. The New Jersey Department of Transportation provides 75 percent of the grant amount when a town awards a contract and the remaining 25 percent upon completion of the project.

“A vibrant transportation system is critical to our economy and maintaining it is important for commerce as well as the safety of the motoring public,” noted Assemblyman Wirths. “Our towns put a lot of effort into the application process because it is very competitive so it is gratifying to see so many local projects awarded funding which helps lessen the property tax burden.”

The NJDOT Municipal Aid Program is in addition to the NJDOT County Aid Program that benefits local communities. As part of the County Aid Program, this year Sussex County received $5,014,293, Warren County received $4,069,406 and Morris County received $7,891,024. Legislative District 24 also benefitted from $1,564,139 in state aid from the NJDOT Local Bridges Fund.

Leave a Comment:

Comment Rules: Please remain civil, stay on topic, and refrain from using foul or abusive language. Posts that violate those rules may be hidden or deleted, and repeated violators may be blocked. To prevent spam, comments with links are automatically filtered.

District 24 Guide

Steven Oroho

Steve's Bio & Public Service

Constituent Services

Steve Can Help You!

Contact Steve

Steve Wants to Hear from You!

District 24

About the Legislative District

Email Updates

Sign Up for Steve's Newsletter

Facebook

Follow Steve's Page

Internships

Students - Get Involved

Legislative Activity

Committees, Bills & Votes

Twitter

Tweet @stevenoroho

Steve's Recent Posts

- Proudly Serving Parts of Morris, Sussex and Warren Counties -