Senator Tom Kean
Senate Republican Leader Tom Kean, Jr. (R- Union) is honored to have been named a Distinguished Arts Advocate by ArtPride NJ at the group’s annual conference in Trenton.
Senator Tom Kean speaking to ArtPride NJ after being honored as a “Distinguished Arts Advocate” at the Trenton War Memorial on Thursday, May 10, 2012.
ArtPride NJ works to increase awareness and promote the arts in schools and communities as a means of improving educational achievement, economic development, and the overall quality of life in New Jersey.
“I support the arts in New Jersey because they enrich every aspect of our communities: educationally, economically, and culturally,” said Kean. “The arts and arts related businesses support tens of thousands of jobs in New Jersey, broaden the recreational and tourism offerings that are essential to our state’s economy, and improve student achievement in schools- particularly those with large concentrations of poor and disadvantaged students. It is an honor to be recognized by ArtPride as an advocate for this very important cause.”
ArtPride’s 2012 conference was held at the Trenton War Memorial Thursday, May 10th, 2012.
- Thompson-Dancer-Clifton Announce Arts Council Grant from State
- Senator Kean Named “Legislator of the Year” by New Jersey Conference of Mayors
- Allen Proposal to Create ‘Office of the Taxpayer Advocate’ Clears Committee
- Senator Bucco Honored by Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey
- Media Advisory: Doherty to Oppose Replacement & Tolling of Scudder Falls I-95 Bridge