Senator Tom Kean
Senate Republican Leader Tom Kean, Jr. (R- Union) issued the following reaction to Governor Chris Christie’s budget message for the 2014 fiscal year:
Regardless of their political stripes, New Jersey residents are looking for a government that lives within its means, enables private sector job creation, provides an excellent education to all children, and is there to lend a hand when disaster strikes.
Governor Christie’s budget for the upcoming fiscal year is focused squarely on these priorities and moving New Jersey forward by getting back to the basics of what taxpayers demand from their government: conservative spending, no tax hikes, increased aid to schools, and a groundbreaking trial program to give children in failing schools a choice to seek a better learning environment.
Unfortunately, the tone set this year by the Democrat leaders in Trenton is straight out of the dysfunctional Washington, D.C. playbook: fabricating controversy over the Governor’s every decision and searching for wedge issues instead of bipartisan compromise.
Republican legislators, by contrast, are standing in the center of the room waiting for our colleagues to come to the table and tackle our state’s many challenges, starting with the budget. Their response will tell whether they are more interested in the next election or the next chapter in New Jersey’s future.
- Video: Sen. O’Toole Talks About His Irish/Korean Heritage, NJ Supreme Court and Governor Christie on NJTV’s ‘On the Record’
- Bucco: “Governor’s Budget Invests in New Jersey Jobs”
- Addiego, Rudder & Brown Welcome Increased Property Tax Relief for Local Residents
- Bucco Response to Governor’s FY 2014 Budget Proposal
- Sen. Kean’s Statement on Governor’s Line Item Budget Vetoes