Senator Tom Kean
Senate Republican Leader Tom Kean, Jr. (R- Union) issued the following reaction to Governor Christie’s State of the State Address:
The Governor offered a positive, bipartisan vision for our state that focuses on the nuts and bolts of what New Jerseyans want from their government: job creation, restoring our communities post-Sandy, quality education for our children, and ending the culture of over-spending in Trenton.
By getting back to the basics, we can move our state forward. We’ve proven that to be true in the last three years: creating 75, 000 private sector jobs, bringing business confidence to five year highs, and saving taxpayers $120 billion by bringing public worker pensions and benefits back to reality.
We also have gotten a glimpse of the Democrats’ plans: a partisan, ideological agenda that is singularly focused on the next election and doing political battle with this Governor. Rather than working across the aisle, Trenton Democrats offer temper tantrums and gridlock any time the Governor disagrees with them.
The people of New Jersey want us to work together with this Governor to solve problems, and Senate Republicans stand ready to do so. We invite the Senate Democrats to join us once they’re done accusing the Governor of wishing death and destruction on our state for political gain.
- O’Toole: “Democrat Litmus Tests for Supreme Court Nominees Are Wrong, Hypocritical”
- Kean on Governor’s Budget Message: “Back to Basics vs. Washington-style Dysfunction”
- Pennacchio on Christie’s Conditional Veto of Minimum Wage Bill
- Oroho: “Democrats Fail to Take Tax Burden Seriously”
- Kyrillos: “Dems to Taxpayers- We’ll Only Cut Your Taxes if We Can’t Spend Them First”