Senator Joe Kyrillos
Senator Joe Kyrillos (R- Monmouth) issued the following reaction in response to the Senate President’s statement that Governor Christie “prayed a lot and got lucky a storm came”:
My constituents were among the most devastated by Sandy, and I count the Governor as a close friend. The notion that he would wish that storm upon anyone for political gain is absurd and way out of line.
The Chris Christie I know and that the people of New Jersey know is a man who responded with strength and compassion to the storm and ongoing recovery efforts. Only the most blind partisan would ever contemplate thinking, let alone saying out loud, that the Governor prayed for the destruction Sandy wrought.
The anger and vitriol coming from Democrats directed at this Governor simply because he won an election needs to end.
- O’Toole, Beck, and Singer Respond to Sweeney Remarks
- Monmouth County Legislators Express Outrage at Lack of Action on Federal Sandy Aid Bill
- Senator Joe Kyrillos Surveys Devastation From Hurricane Sandy
- Beck Attends Opening of Housing Recovery Center in Freehold
- Beck, Angelini, Casagrande Join Christie in Long Branch to Spur Sandy Recovery