Senator Joe Kyrillos
Senator Joe Kyrillos (R- Monmouth) issued the following reaction to Governor Christie’s State of the State Address to a joint session of the Legislature:
The Governor’s laser-like focus on rebuilding the lives of residents impacted by Sandy is heartening. We are lucky that in one of our darkest hours, we have a strong and decisive leader to chart the path back to life as it was before the storm, and his handling of the immediate and long-term response will certainly be the hallmark of his legacy.
Yet even in the absence of Sandy and contrary to the near constant sniping of his Democratic critics, this Governor has succeeded where so many of his predecessors had failed in laying the foundation for an affordable, prosperous New Jersey.
After years of over spending, over taxing, and focusing on anything but our state’s business climate and fiscal well being, we have in Chris Christie a leader who “gets it”. He understands that permanent jobs aren’t created by passing a lot of laws or spending other people’s money, they’re created when job creators believe that New Jersey is a safe investment.
For anyone to say that 75,000 private sector jobs created, $120 billion saved taxpayers by pension and benefits reform, and the first meaningful limits on property taxes isn’t a record worth cheering is absurd.
I encourage the Governor’s critics to stop with the nasty, partisan posturing, leave the campaigning for the fall, and work with the Governor to continue the progress.
- Tom Kean: “Republican Ideas Restoring Optimism, Getting Results for New Jersey”
- Senator Kean Reacts to Governor’s Address to a Special Session of the Legislature
- Kean: “Business Confidence Reaches Five Year High Under Christie, Republican Leadership”
- Kyrillos: “Dems to Taxpayers- We’ll Only Cut Your Taxes if We Can’t Spend Them First”
- Sen. Kean’s Statement on Governor’s Line Item Budget Vetoes