Senator Mike Doherty
Senator Michael Doherty (R-23) issued the following statement in response to reports that red light cameras that had previously been suspended pending the completion of timing studies have been recertified for use:
“I continue to believe that the red light camera program is misguided and will push forward with legislation to ban the use of red light cameras in New Jersey.
“The certification of the 63 red light cameras in question does nothing to address the propriety of the program as a whole.
“More than 4,000 people have signed my online petition supporting our effort to ban red light cameras in New Jersey. I urge people to join our effort by signing the petition at http://senatenj.com/cameras.”
Doherty is the sponsor of legislation, S-1952, that would ban the use of red light cameras in New Jersey.
- Warren Twp. Passes Resolution Supporting Red Light Camera Ban Proposed by Sen. Doherty
- Doherty Launches Online Petition to Support Red Light Camera Ban
- Doherty Lauds DOT’s Prevention of More Red Light Cameras
- Doherty: Data Shows Red Light Cameras Lead to More Accidents, Increased Costs
- Doherty Blasts Fort Lee Mayor for Admission He’s Seeking Red Light Cameras for the $$$