Senator Christopher Bateman
Senator Christopher “Kip” Bateman (R-Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex and Somerset) will be the keynote speaker at the 5th Annual Somerset and Hunterdon County Drug Court Graduation Ceremony.
When: Monday, October 22, 2012
Where: SomersetCounty Historical Courthouse 20 North Bridge Street Somerville,NJ08876
Senator Bateman is scheduled to speak shortly after the event begins at 11 a.m.
“I remain deeply committed to the success of New Jersey’s Drug Court initiative and expansion, which will start in Somerset County,” Bateman said. “Drug Court expansion enacted in July makes societal contributors out of more people who pose no public safety threat and have committed drug offenses simply to support their addiction. It channels nonviolent drug offenders toward treatment they probably would not otherwise pursue, away from a life of crime. It also decreases court case loads and in addition annually save hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars, as it costs about $28,000 more per year to incarcerate rather than treat a nonviolent drug offender.”
- ‘Biondi Bypass’ Approved by Assembly Panel
- Bateman, Ciattarelli, Simon: JCP&L Must Face All Customers Before Raising Rates
- 16th District Legislators Introduce Bill to Make It Easier for Towns to Merge & Reduce Property Taxes
- Bateman-Ciattarelli-Simon Tour N.J. Center for Tourette Syndrome, Marking National Awareness Month
- Bateman Applauds Readington Fire Grant