Senator Christopher Bateman
Judiciary Committee member Senator Christopher “Kip” Bateman (R-Somerset) stated the following about the Senate Democrats’ attempt today to unseat Frederic Knapp as Morris County Prosecutor:
“Senate Democrats took hypocrisy to an unprecedented level with today’s attempt to unseat Acting Prosecutor Knapp by suspending Senate rules and treating elected legislators like children. They should be embarrassed by such childish conduct, which stems from their denial that New Jerseyans elected Christopher J. Christie as governor.
“My colleague Senator O’Toole’s comments must be emphasized: Democratic Governor McGreevey exercised exactly the same power that Governor Christie exercised with regard to prosecutorial appointments.
“If there was any non-political, legitimate reason for Mr. Knapp to be removed from serving the public, the majority party would have tried to prove so in a Judiciary Committee hearing.”
- Media Advisory: Bateman to Keynote Somerset/Hunterdon Drug Court Graduation
- Bateman Responds to Criticism of Harris on Same Sex Marriage Recusal
- Bateman: “Democrats are the ones Politicizing the Court”
- Bateman Receives Environmental Achievement Award
- Bateman Calls for Same Sex Marriage to be Placed Before Voters in a Fair, Unbiased Manner