Senator Christopher Bateman
Senator Christopher “Kip” Bateman (R-Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex and Somerset) is honored to be awarded with an Outstanding Achievement Award from the New Jersey Sierra Club.
“This is a particularly humbling honor to receive as a Republican, given the unjust stereotype that our party doesn’t care about the environment,” Bateman said. “I thank the Sierra Club for seeing through that falsity to recognize my protection efforts. I refuse to lead or legislate under a premise that environmental problems and solutions are strictly Democratic and will continue to work with and listen to environmental advocates.”
Senator Bateman accepted this award on Sunday at the Sierra Club’s Appreciation Day. New Jersey Sierra Club Director Jeff Tittel considers Senator Bateman a true environmental leader in New Jersey.
“Christopher Bateman has stood up to members of his own party in his efforts to protect New Jersey’s environment,” Tittel stated. “He has helped to pass dozens of laws making New Jersey’s environment a better place. He has sponsored bills supporting the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative and has fought to protect our water, including from fracking waste.”
- Video: Sen. Doherty Opposes Replacement of Safe, Free Scudder Falls I-95 Bridge with New Tolled Bridge
- Media Advisory: Doherty to Oppose Replacement & Tolling of Scudder Falls I-95 Bridge
- Doherty/Turner to Oppose Replacement & Tolling of Scudder Falls I-95 Bridge
- Panel Moves Bipartisan Bateman Bill to Fund Dozens of Environmental Infrastructure Projects
- Beck Signs Up to Sponsor Environmental Infrastructure Legislation