Senator Diane Allen
Senator Diane Allen today welcomed the award of a $24,850 grant to Burlington City.
The award, part of the New Jersey Certified Local Government (CLG) program, will aid the city’s numerous historic preservation initiatives. It is funded by federal dollars contributed to the state’s Historic Preservation Fund (HPF).
“Historic preservation is the lynchpin to revitalization and economic development in Burlington City,” said Allen (R- Burlington). “Having worked with local officials and activists in Burlington over the years, I know how much it means to have support from the state in their efforts to expand the local economy while keeping the charm and character of the city’s many historic buildings and landmarks.”
Certified Local Governments such as Burlington City must meet several requirements to receive HPF funding, including having an historic preservation ordinance an active historic preservation commission that conform to both state Municipal Land Use Law and National Park Service guidelines.
- Allen Praises Historic Preservation Planning Grant Awards for Burlington County
- Allen Applauds School Development Authority Project in Burlington City
- Allen Welcomes $75,000 Grant Award for Burlington County Community Action Program
- Allen: “District 7 Towns Receive $350,000 in Clean Communities Grants”
- Beck, Angelini & Casagrande Express Appreciation for Asbury Park Church Grant