Senator Diane Allen
$622,000 Awarded by State Council on the Arts for Local Initiatives
Senator Diane Allen (R- Burlington/Camden) today praised the award of over $622,000 in grants to area arts programs by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts. The funds come as part of a statewide program used to fund arts and cultural organizations, projects, and educational programs in all 21 New Jersey counties.
“Burlington County has a rich historical and cultural heritage that truly inspires people and serves as the foundation for a thriving artistic community,” said Senator Allen. “I’m pleased that even in austere times such as these, the Administration and the Council on the Arts have been able to fund artistic endeavors at the local level. These projects and educational programs are critical to enriching our communities and the quality of life they provide residents.”
The NJ Council on the Arts announced the recipients of $16 million in state and federal funds at it’s 45th Annual Meeting, held today at the New Jersey State Museum. In the 7th District, award recipients include $620,000 to the ArtPride New Jersey Foundation in Burlington for educational and program support, and $2,700 to Sarai Abdul-Malik of Willingboro to support an apprenticeship in folk arts.
- Thompson-Dancer-Clifton Announce Arts Council Grant from State
- Allen Praises New Jersey Historic Trust Grant For Bordentown Friends Meetinghouse
- Allen Praises Historic Preservation Planning Grant Awards for Burlington County
- Thompson, Dancer, Clifton Announce $2.15M in Local Transportation Grants
- Senator Kean Named “Distinguished Arts Advocate”