Senator Diane Allen
Legislation sponsored by Senator Diane Allen (R- Burlington/Camden) preventing rape victims from being billed for forensic evidence collection related to their assault has cleared the Senate Judiciary Committee.
“My bill closes a loophole in federal law that could result in a rape or sexual assault victim receiving a bill for their own rape kit,” said Senator Allen. “In no other crime do victims see an invoice for services related to evidence collection by law enforcement, and sexual assault should be no different. This type of crime is the most traumatic event any woman could ever live through. It is cruel of anyone to send a bill for the exam needed to catch the attacker, and this legislation prevents that from ever happening in New Jersey again.”
Senator Allen’s bill, S-972, is now referred to the full Senate for consideration.
- Sen. Addiego: Life in Prison for Murder of Child During Sex Assault
- Senate Approves Allen/Beck Legislation Requiring Support Services for Sexually Exploited Juveniles
- Kean & Oroho’s “Jessica Lunsford Act” Clears Another Committee
- Allen, Kean, & Oroho Praise Senate Approval of Jessica Lunsford Act; Call for Speedy Assembly Action
- Allen, Kean, & Oroho Sponsored “Jessica Lunsford Act” Clears Committee